Come join our Odyssey Academy family!
Whether your child is entering prekindergarten as a three-year-old or any grade level through high school, Odyssey Academy can be your choice for an excellent, free, public education! The open enrollment process begins with the Admissions Request Form, includes a lottery drawing, and concludes with your child becoming an OA student!
If interested, please complete the Admissions Request Form and return it to our registrar, or to the Campus Secretary at your campus of choice.
Please review the Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions below or email our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions. We look forward to your child Charting Stellar Journeys with Odyssey Academy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a waitlist?
Yes. Odyssey Academy’s waitlist varies by grade level. A waitlist is created if more students are seeking enrollment than the available number of seats. The waitlist is created by grade level after the first open enrollment lottery draw each school year.
How does the lottery process work?
Odyssey Academy is an open enrollment charter school. Odyssey Academy’s open enrollment process for the new school year begins on the first Monday in February. All returning students have priority for enrollment the next school year as long as the returning enrollment forms are submitted no later than the last Friday in February.
A lottery draw occurs the last week in March if the number of applicants exceeds the available openings. If a lottery is needed, then a waitlist will be created in the order of the lottery draws. Any applications received after the open enrollment period will be added to the waitlist in the order received.
What is the student/teacher ratio?
Odyssey Academy’s class sizes vary depending on grade level. Classes range from 18 students per classroom in prekindergarten to 22 per classroom in second through twelfth grades.
How do I enroll my child?
Enrollment begins by completing the Admissions Request Form. Once selected to enroll, Odyssey Academy will require all enrolling applicants to submit all of the following information in order to be considered for admission:
- Enrollment Application
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Number of State-Approved Alternative
- Up-to-date Immunization Records
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Home Language Survey
- Discipline Questionnaire and Handbook Agreement
- Most recent report card or progress report, if applicable
- Proof of eligibility for prekindergarten enrollment
Who can attend Odyssey Academy?
Odyssey Academy is an open-enrollment public school. There is no tuition or entrance exam. For students to be eligible to attend Odyssey Academy, they must reside within Galveston County or reside within one of the boundaries of the following independent school districts: Clear Creek ISD, Danbury ISD, Dickinson ISD, Friendswood ISD, Galveston ISD, High Island ISD, Hitchcock ISD, La Marque ISD, Santa Fe ISD, or Texas City ISD.
Students wishing to enroll in Kindergarten must be five years old on or before September 1st of that school year.
How does my child qualify for free prekindergarten?
Eligibility requirements for our Pre-Kindergarten 3 or 4-year-old programs are as follows. All applicants must be three or four years old respectively on or before September 1st of that school year and be independently toilet trained. Applicants must also meet one of the six following criteria to be eligible for the Pre-Kindergarten program:
- Educationally disadvantaged (eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Lunch Program); or
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- Homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C.S. section 11302, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent, or of the child’s guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- Parent is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- Parent is a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Has ever been in the conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing.
Do any students have priority for the lottery drawing?
Odyssey Academy has three priority groupings for the lottery drawings:
- Odyssey Academy staff member children.
- Siblings of currently enrolled Odyssey Academy students.
- General public eligible applicants.