Hello Odyssey Families!
Over the past two days arrival and dismissal has continued to improve as we all adjust to the new procedures. As you may have noticed, we still have the same arrival and dismissal times, however our arrival and dismissal traffic patterns have changed some this year. Please make yourself familiar with the new arrival/dismissal diagram.
Highlights for arrival and dismissal are:
- Please use the right hand lane for arrival. When reaching the U drop-off area, please pull all the way around against the curb. This will allow us to unload as many students as possible in the shortest amount of time. After your student exits the vehicle, the inside (left) lane is available to exit the drop-off area. Please enter this lane carefully, as other vehicles may be exiting behind you.
- If you prefer to park and walk your student to the school building, please use the sectioned off lot that can be entered from 61st Street. The entrance closest to the Pre-K - Third grade building is the entrance to the walk-up lot. Please do not park and walk-up from the parking area that is used for normal drop-off. Parking and walking from the normal drop off area is a safety hazard.
- When travelling through the school's parking lots, please use patience, courtesy, and be safe (watch your speed, please do not be on your cell phone). We are doing our best to safely and efficiently get 750 students into the building. This cannot be done without everyone working together.
- Please arrive for your student's dismissal as close to the actual dismissal time as possible. Later dismissals mixing with the earlier dismissals causes issues with getting students loaded and vehicles back on the road quickly.
- Please ensure you are aware of which lane you should be in. Both lanes are used for dismissal. The right lane is for Pre-K, Kinder, Fourth, Sixth, and Seventh grade dismissal. The left lane is for First - Third, Fifth, Eighth - Tenth grade dismissal.
- Again, when travelling through the school's parking lots, please use patience, courtesy, and be safe (watch your speed and please do not be on your cell phone). We are doing our best to safely and efficiently get 750 students out of the building. This cannot be done without everyone working together.
Again, thank you for your patience and effort in helping OA's arrivals and dismissals run smoothly. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.